Thursday, April 2, 2009

Arnstein in Autumn


Materials: paper - Basic Grey and Bazzil cardstock; ink - Distress Ink by Ranger and VersaFine by Tsukineko; stamps - Inkadinkado, alphabet dies - Quickutz, leaf dies by SpellBinder

My friends tease me all the time about not putting pictures on my layouts. I do this partially because I believe that if there are pictures then my students often add their photos in the same way I have done. Without pics, I hope to see my students do their own thing and personalize their layout. Deviancy is highly encouraged! This time around I had pictures from a trip north to visit my father in law. He lives in what us city folk would consider the middle of nowhere. A small town just southwest of North Bay. The long drive in the Fall is spectacular though.

I don't know if you can see the detail on the die cut leaves. These are cut from the "solid" papers from this Basic Grey collection using the SpellBinder dies. When embossed and a little Distress ink applied, it is definitely hard to tell them apart from the real thing.

1 comment:

  1. Your leaves are GREAT! I can definitely see the detail! Great job!

    ReplyDelete