Friday, May 29, 2009

Piece/Peace Movement


This may be a weird idea or it may be something good. Don't know unless I give it a try. I want to start a Piece/Peace Movement. Wait, don't go running down to the basement to see if you still have that pair of bell bottom pants or that string of beads you (or your parents) wore back in the 60's unless of course you are going to use it as artist material. I don't want to stage "Love Ins" unless scrapbooking or crafting is involved. No artificial mood enhancers required. What I do want to do is share a little piece/peace with others through a piece of art that I and hopefully you create. Here is what I have in mind. Create a piece of art. It could be a scrapbook page, a card, an altered object that you have put a little piece/peace of yourself into. Think about what Peace means to you and how you achieve it in your life. Create a piece of art. Not a paper artist? Doesn't matter. Use whatever medium you want and then post it so others can share your peace/piece. The idea is to spread peace around. Do something that makes you feel good and share it with others. The key here is to share your peace/piece with as many people as possible.
You never know, maybe this whole Peace thing will catch on.

Remember to post a link to your artistic endeavors in the comment section. We all want to participate in your Peace Work.

2 comments:

  1. I'm waiting on a stamp set that means peace to me, so when it gets here, I'll get right to work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can think of all sorts of things that are peaceful to me. Sunsets, kids sleeping, rainy days, tea with a friend, reading with my feet up and a blanket to keep them warm.....
    Now how to put that into a piece?

    ReplyDelete