Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Totally Tools.

A conversation with another scrap artist today has made me stop and think about my tools. I guess there is an assumption that most of us have the same "basics". Well, maybe that just isn't so. For instance, since I have Quickutz and I use them on practically every layout, I have the Xyron Sticker makers. In 3 sizes I might add. Now I would have thought that if you used die cuts then you must be using the sticker makers. Apparently not so. So my question is, What is in your "must have" tool box? What tools could you not scrap without?
For me, my tool box includes: Quickutz and both the Squeeze and the Revolution. I own other die cutting tools but those have not become staples yet. Of course the Xyrons, my Fiskars Micro Tipped scissors, STAMPS and therefore acrylic blocks and therefore VersaFine, Archival ink and most assuredly Tim's Distress Inks. It goes without saying that if you have Distress Inks then you must have Tim's ink blending tool. You just can't have one without the other. Certainly not last or least is my trimmer. I have tried several and have decided that Tonic's large base guillotine trimmer suits me just fine. It is big and bulky and not always a joy to take to crops but it cuts a true 90 degree angle when most others do not. When I have all my bits and pieces cut and ready to stick down, there is only one tape runner. Kokuyo. I LOVE the red one best but the blue one runs a close second. I like that it sticks and sticks well and permanently. It doesn't get all gummed up or roll back in on itself.
I have other tools, lots of them in fact but they are not my constant companions, at least not yet. Tell me what is in your tool box, maybe I will find something new to play with.

3 comments:

  1. I always need my C-Thru ruler with the grid on it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL at the Princess of Publicity - that is cute Steph!!!

    I ALWAYS use my trimmer and the Cutterpede that I am using now is making me NUTS! My Making Memories replacement trimmer is HOPEFULLY en route and I am hoping to soon by cutting straight lines once again.

    My sticky substance of choice is the ATG gun and acid free refills for it. I just LOVE that it seems to never run out as the refills contain 36 yards of adhesive each!!!

    ReplyDelete