Tuesday, January 10, 2012

January 2012 layout

Progress is sometimes accomplished by taking baby steps. Maybe that should have been the theme for this months layout but it isn't. Possibly I can use it for another time. This months theme - "Our Story".
My intent for the new year was to get my monthly layouts done early and technically, considering I am known to have them done at the last possible minute, this months is early, two weeks early. However, not as early as I had intended. Still, progress is sometimes accomplished by making baby steps. I am blaming the delay on this monstrous cold I got New Years Day. Next month I am going to aim for 3 weeks before class date.

I like the feel of this layout even though it is a little shabby chic and feminine for me. Still it has features that are keeping with my style. The picture quality this time around is terrible. I need to make some kind of photo box for taking pictures but I will have to investigate the "how-to's" of that process. Needless to say the lighting is bad and the colours do not reflect the actual colours of the papers well. Hopefully I can redo the pictures when I can take advantage of some natural lighting. Enough excuses.

Papers used are from Kaisercraft's Bonjour collection mixed with some chocolate browns and some soft pinks. There is a mini album on the top right of the left page for extra photos and/or journalling. The right side has an envelope for some hidden journalling. This layout can easily be adapted to be one used for some heritage photos or even some travel. There is a little bit of die cutting and some inking along with the use of a butterfly border punch, butterfly punch and a great Quickutz butterfly.
Class is being held at One Crazy Stamper in Bolton on Wednesday January 25TH at 11AM.
Call the store to reserve your spot 905-533-0781



1 comment:

  1. You used pink! I like the envelope on there for hidden journaling and the butterflies you added. Like you it's a little to feminine for me.

    here's a video for a cheap and easy light box for your investigation
    http://youtu.be/--wO67tpj8I

    ReplyDelete