Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Time Slips Away, National Scrapbook Day layout

 I have always been a huge Basic Grey fan. When I first started scrapbooking almost 7 years ago, it was  the paper company I was most attracted to. There has been many companies that I have been drawn to since then, but there is nothing quite like your first love. 

As mentioned in the last blog post, I am heading to The Papercraft Cafe for my 3rd visit to do two classes with the fantastic ladies in Kingsville. For the layout class I have chosen to use papers from the sublime collection. There were some in my stash (yes I may have just about every collection of BG papers right from the beginning) and I was able to get more from BG to do this texture filled class.
There is lots of embossing with a few different type of embossing powders, some stamping and a ton of die cutting. You may recognize many of the Tim Holtz Alterations dies and then there is the Sizzix Circle Framelit  die set. For the larger circle, once again feeling nostalgic, I used my Coluzzle circle template. This tool has unfortunately been discontinued but any circle cutter will work. Add a bit of stitching and you have an action packed 3 hour class.

For those of you not in the Kingsville area on May 5TH & 6TH, this class will be offered once again in  Mississauga. Students on my mailing list will get an email with details or you can contact me at tiggerntaz@rogers.com.

The second class at The Papercraft Cafe will be a techniques based class. In this class students will have an opportunity to  play with many  of the inks, paints and embossing powders that are part of the Ranger Ink  product line. Stay tuned for samples and sneak peeks for this class in upcoming (possibly even later this afternoon) posts.


 Don't worry local gals, this second class will be available to you in the near future. I just need to find some time, maybe as early as June. Once again, stay tuned. There is lots happening here in the coming weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment